Title: Bustling Soundscape
Running Time: 01:30
Formats: WAV MP3
Date: 02/28/15
Time: 4:42PM
Location: Target, 2600 S. 108th St., West Allis, WI 53227
This was the second of my location visits, and it was chosen with care.
I spoke with Target management prior to setting up. They were very accommodating and appreciative that I asked for permission beforehand so they could inform their staff of my presence.
I prepared my equipment and stationed myself outside, in front of the store, between the entry and exit doors. I believe I succeeded in capturing stereo separation at appropriate mic levels, and a variety of interesting sounds eventually came together and played between the channels. I placed the mics, one on each shoulder of my coat. One person approached me thinking I was a football coach.
I think it helped greatly NOT looking at my environment as I was recording. Taking visual cues out of the equation left everything for the ears to evaluate and decipher. I spent so much time at that location immersed in my auditory environment that I couldn't feel my toes when I was done! Cold, but fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment